Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Magnetic Bulletin Board

Hi everybody, the exciting month of August is here, in Puerto Rico it means school and hurricanes..
My oldest just left for College this past Sunday, sniff... it has been very hard seeing his empty bedroom in the mornings and the emptiness in the house from him is heartbreaking.
While he was packing for College he made a major cleanup at his bedroom and left behind an old magnetic memo board in the shape of a surfboard.
I had the immediate idea to transform it into a bulletin board for my God child who will be having a big birthday at the end of the month and is an avid surfer girl!
I decided to use the Bloom Girls August challenge and use their palette as inspiration!
I made an initial sketch for my work and in it I used 2 sets of Free Spirits feathers, after applying them to the board I knew I wanted more, I just loved the design it created on the board!

I could have easily done it all with those wonderful feathers!
I needed some magnets and what better way to use the Bloom flairs!

I think she is going to have fun pinning this to her board!

Of Course Miss Jing with her Hawaiian look was the perfect girl for this project

and here's the finished piece

I hope you make some time to play in the challenge, here's the palette

thanks for stopping by!

Milagros


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is fabulous! How creative are you?? I just love what you have done. Thank you so much for joining us in our first Bloom Girl Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!! x 1000...great way to upcycle/recycle save the planet! Your work is totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete