Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner table Tutorial using Tim Holtz dies

Hi everyone!
Today I want to share with you guys something I have been working on the last few weeks.  I was asked to teach a class for the Thanksgiving table, what a creative challenge that was!  I wholeheartedly embraced it and used something that had been on the back burner of my brain for quite some time.  Using one of Tim Holtz Sizzix dies in a very unique way!
 
the napkin ring was done with the tattered florals die, Julie Nuttings kraft tags and Inkadinkado stamps
 this is the hand finished version, more on that later
The maple leaf is a vintage Sizzix die, one of the old red ones, I used a lot of ArtIngredients by Prima to embellish my placecard.  If you follow me on instagram  @milagroscrivera you will see a leaf close up there
Now to the nitty gritty
 here it goes
you will need 7 pieces of felt, your choice of colors (I used dark chocolate) in 2"x20.5" and the Courtyard die, one of my absolute faves

once you have your stripes
you are ready to fold and cut
 
it looks so cozy all together before it unfolds!
Now you have even stripes ready to work by hand or by machine.
If you choose the hand work, as you stitch you can add a sequin to finish it up, it's the way I made mine.  Knowing you out there are not so fond of the hand work I also did a trial run with the sewing machine.   Using a zigzag stitch you can sew it together
they tend to stick together quite easily!
 
these are the settings I used for the machine stitched version

for mine, I'd rather hand stitch, the sequins give it such a beautiful finish, plus they don't interfere with your plates.
I also used the dies to wrap up the glass candles I will use on my table, they look stunning!

I hope this inspires you to craft and invite your friends and family to a beautifully crafted Thanksgiving table!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Milagros
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment