Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pearls and Relics, a Fractured Heart

Hey Everybody! Do you like pearls? They are my favorite:  feminine, elegant and affordable.  They go from dressy to casual in a minute! I was at my local bead store and found this carved mother of pearl girl and I thought that was going to be the perfect accent for my Relic heart. 
I wanted to play 2 games, challenging myself to the power of one over at Mixed Media Place.
And I am also using Prima's PPP with the neutral and gold.Here's my neutral, challenged by Gayle to use one medium, one stencil, one color
Want to see more?
I wanted to prepare my archival wooden case because I wanted to have the perfect spot for my
Rising Spirit.  I have been experimenting with metal quite a lot and I thought I could use Finnabair gold crackle medium over the heavy white gesso to transform my metal.
Well it didn't quite work they way I wanted so I went on gold leaf mode
cool thing though is it did left a texture on the metal that I used while applying the gold leaf
I love it when tool time is called for.  I used my Dremmel to carve a hole and insert the heart on the flaming piece without cutting the metal.  It strengthens the piece even more.

 indeed the power of one is very strong! Finnabair Art Extravagance White Crackle
and then a layer of  Art Ingredients Mica Powder in gold.  Seriously I could bathe myself in the stuff I am so addicted to it!
 I used a piece of Forever paper from the Timeless Memories collection, so elegant
 Here's my piece
 And the full piece
 
I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I did!
As always a pleasure to have you visit!

 
 
 
Prima's PPP
Can you see my color inspiration on those fab pillow cases? gold and neutrals so Timeless indeed!
 
PPPMAY2015

9 comments:

  1. OMG!! This Ex Voto is Breathtaking!!!! It just couldn't be more Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I so love the delicacy of the piece, which is enhanced by your use of crackle and fragile, intricate gold accenting. I've been thinking about how to incorporate crackles into these beautiful relics myself so some fabulous ideas here! Lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful. Love the textural quality. And if you don't mind my asking, where did you find the pierced metal you put around the frame? It adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pierced metal was done with a Spellbinders die on metal. I cut 4 pieces and then I gold leafed them!

      Delete
  4. Thank you all for the love, the response this piece has gotten from you on all forums have been tremendous. I feel so happy you have been inspired in some way by my work. I will gladly answer all the questions you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing shadow box! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, just fantastic! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - so very, very gorgeous and elegant!

    ReplyDelete