Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Inspired by Iceland Collaboration

Artist Tina Walker created a Facebook group of artist to challenge ourselves to be inspired by the magic of Iceland and its magnificent Northern Lights!
I jumped in because it's in my bucket list to see them!
I took a metalsmith class last semester and day one I drew what I wanted for my final project. Little did I knew the way the class would take me. But I achieved the focal piece just like I envisioned! This was challenging and fun!
Focal piece was created after sawing the brass and filled with Ice Resin and Ice Resin tints to represent the Aurora Borealis
I hammered the stars around my sky
And here's my initial sketch

3 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous piece! I love the simple elegance of it. I am sure you are going to get a lot of compliments on the days you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sure is amazing! I love the fact that you went for jewellery, so you can actually wear your art! this was such a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love everything about this! So innovative and creative! I love your take on the challenge! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete